It’s slow going…but I’m a bit more than halfway done with the first sleeve on my Na Craga. Knit in one piece and steeked, and using Elizabeth Zimmerman’s seamless saddle shoulder shaping.
I’ve significantly reduced the increase rate on the sleeves. I usually can’t say no to a batwing sleeve, but my knitted fabric is so dense, I worry about being able to move my arms. I’ll end up with a deep V neck cardigan with about 4.5 inches of ease in the body and relatively close fitting sleeves–a silhouette I like on me.
I still have a lot of choices to sort out: steek cover colors, buttons, when to start the V for the neckline and the rate of decreasing, the buttonband stitch pattern, buttonholes vs/loops (I’ve been thinking about the button and loop closure on this Jen Hagan design for Bare Naked Wools a lot). So more on that soon. Once I finish knitting the sleeves. The sleeve/body union row is my soft deadline for shoring up all my choices. I’ve frogged all the project misfires–a bit less than 5 skeins worth, in my Madelinetosh 80/10/10 Worsted Merino/Cashmere/Nylon in Luster. Mostly bottom band fails and the back of another sweater that I just didn’t love in the yarn.
Also, in exciting (to me) news, I’m working on a bunch of behind the scenes designs for self publishing right now–some knitting patterns, some spin/knit recipes–I’ll be sharing some process images soon!